Saturday, November 25, 2006

Round toooo

Well last night I was alone, the kids were at g'pa's helping him decorate the trees and mom was shopping. So I went full force to finish cleaning the basement. Last month I threw away all the stuff that was out in front of my face. Last night was time to go into the cabinets and empty all the old boxes of crap on the shelves.
So I opened the first cabinet and started going through stuff. Tons of old pictures from high school till recently. Then I found a folder with old receipts for bike stuff. I found one from May 1994. Top of the Line GT Zaskar LE with rigid fork. Get ready the top of the line bike was 1499.95. Then later that year I upgraded to a Rockshox MAG 21 for 189.95. Man I wish top of the line stuff cost that much today. Then I found two others on the same day in 1996. One for a GT LTS Team for 2399.95 and one for a Diamond Back Topanga in pink candy for 295.95. Newly married and I spent that much, wow. The pink bike was for her. Then I found one from 1998 for a cannondale f4000, with a note trade in disk and disk crossmax for xtr V brakes and black crossmax with a $3000 price tag. It seems the prices never come down in this sport.
Then the next cabinet and I found a bunch of papers from WORBA board meeting from 1998 - 2002. I went through them looking for anything that maybe important. It is a real shame that year after year the same ideas were under new business and the same ideas are still just that. All the talk year after years to get out to the racers and create an alliance of sorts to bring new members new trails and trails care together. I know in the many years of racing Wors I have seen the worba tent twice. Once at Wausua and once at Franklin. They do make it every year to the chequmegon to talk to all the out of state riders, makes good sense.
Well after 3 or 4 hours I had and two full garbage cans full of "Stuff" that will fill up the ground somewhere. I even through away a fishing trophy and plenty of old bike part. Anyone remember the old peace sign cantilever cable holder, I kept that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home