Monday, September 29, 2008

Area 47, Barbwire and Horseapples






















Well for the first time all year I felt like I was able to put together a pretty good race. The leg did get a little soft on a soft sandy climb when the rider in front stepped off and I had to give to all I had to get around. Going into the final lap on the west side of the highway I gave it hell one more time in the open field and could not shake Hauser I knew I was going to have to give up the lead and follow Hauser and hope we would hit some more traffic. I have to give him big props, anytime I would throw down a big attack on a climb or in any section I hard him shifting and jumping right on. Way to go on the overall this year.
I am going on record and saying this was the worst course ever for passing. Besides the two hills in the back there was no where to pass in the singletrack. As I passed through the cattle chunnel under the highway Hauser was just at the top of the hill within striking distance. As I came over the top he was standing in a sprint to pass some riders. I know it was game over and was happy to be rolling in 2nd at a fast course. Next up I will be running the race at the 12 Hour.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hauser said...

Kenny, great racing, you have no idea how many times you had me almost popped and ready to blow the entire engine! Good times and the passing.....yeah I might just have to agree....that's whereI kept losing you all day then work my arse off to catch back on.

Good luck with the 12.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home