Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Christmas hangover

Well its all over except taking out the trashing and taking care of the pile of boxes that need breaking down. We really scaled back this year, not because the next Apocalypse is on the horizon but because we just got rid of a ton of toys. We took a truck load of toys to goodwill and one to the local shelter in Elkhorn and they still have plenty to play with. We did break down and get Wii for the kids this year. We had both sets of grandparents over last night for Wii Sports and carnival games and it was a blast. We also got the Rapala fishing game and a Cars racing game and Mario Cart and Crazy golf and one other I can't remember. Shelly got a shinny new Yamaha Guitar to learn to play. Its a really trip trying to buy music equipment from a store that hires all the anti social high school band kids to work. I hate to say it but I didn't get one bike thing this year, not a one. I did get a new treestand and a new ice augur and some clothing of course plus a few other things. Hope everyone had a safe and happy holidays.

1 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

Shelly, we could start a band together someday :) You on the guitar and me on the keyboards....that is, if I'd practice once in a while. Let me know how it goes! Sounds like it was a nice Christmas for your family.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home