Monday, July 03, 2006

All swelled up and itchy


Well I didn't take the dnf and that was just stupid. At the start I took off and all of the sudden I was a couple bike lengths ahead, I was not going to pull into the wind for a mile so I stood up like a dork 300 yards off the start. Jess yelled at me to pull us past the fence and he will pull after the turn into the wind. Well we had some nit wit day of rider busting his nuts to get in front of us, we made the right turn into the woods and moron locks on the rear brake and we almost wrecked. It pissed me off and shot the rev limiter and I took off and went to the big ring hard. I pulled jess all the way to the big hill in the open. We came into the first singletrack hot and already were catching the 19-29 guys. I went to pass a couple riders and got loose and one guy got around and it was the three of us all the way to the bricked stream crossing. I rode straight over the hump and had a rider step right into me and I fell into the weeds. Today the poison ivy is all over the right arm and leg were I fell. Then 4 riders got past me I got up and attacked up the hill to get another wheel only to catch about a dozen riders. In that ST we just watched the front guys ride away. We passed a ton of guys once we hit the opening. Made our way back to the lap area and started into the lap 2 ST. Just after entering I caught a bad edge and went over the bars hard. Like a idiot I put my hands out to stop myself and rolled the wrist hard. Got up and grab the bike to stand it up and felt the pain right away. So by the end of the lap I could hardly pull in the brake, so I just pulled over to let fast traffic by. I really need to thank the medical help in the tent, that had a good ice pack and some free advice, something about a/c and a cold beer when it is 90 outside. So I took about 1200 mg of pain killers and had a couple of beers, pain went away but not the swelling. Earlier in the day Shelly pulled no punches and fought the heat and finished her race 5th in her age. Her fourth race and 90 degree heat was a real challenge. She is now going to buy a new helmet that fits better then this one

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home