Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Lost weekend

They say you have a race or two a year that just doesn't come together no matter what you do. Man Sunday at Calumet was one of those races. I started cramping a mile into the race and I could not shake it. I drank a whole bottle of water 15 minutes into the race then I was bloated and the side ache came on. I was ready to just hand in the tag and take a DNF. Then Kevin started yelling to grab his wheel and hold on. So I it took all I could must to hold his tire for the whole lap. By the start of the last lap the side ache was gone and we were passing riders one after another. I could climb anything and not hurt but any high cadence and the cramps came back.

Shelly had a solid race, their lap was much wetter and slower. She did a good job keeping the wheels down and for that she brought home another 3rd place. With that she has a good chance of taking 1st in her age group for the year. Then monday I jumped on the bike and rode 40miles and had no problem with the leg at all. So I have not a clue what was happening sunday. Well a couple of days till Ore 2 shore in Marquette MI, she is doing the 28 mile and I am doing the 48 mile race. So more ride and less posting till next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger MTB Girl said...

Good luck!

3:43 PM  
Blogger SugsCandy said...

Have fun up there!! Shelly, one of these days I'll get out of work on time to go riding....

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home