Sunday, November 26, 2006

First timer and/or dummy

That is a fitting title after the bmx race for me today. First moto I am up against a guy named cookie. Exiting the first corner he drops all the way down the track and cuts me off. I stick with him for 2nd and onto the main. In the main I jump the gate early hit the brake and get a horrible start. I made up a lot of ground into the first corner as I was coming in low. I hear cookie lock on the break and watched him drop from the top to the bottom cutting the corner again. The two other come down and I hit the brake and try to steer further into the corner, bad move. I went over the bars and tore up the elbow. So yep stupid first timer gate and I was a dummy to fall for cookies crap two motos in a row. It just amazes me everbody know his "style" and no one calls him on it. It is not like he is slamming the doors on a good passing move. He is putting riders safety at risk with his Style. Well see ya at gate practice thursday. Josh was doing great this week compared to last week. He had one really hard crash in practice that really shook him up. Then the 2nd moto in 6 open he hit the ground hard and took the bars in the tummy. He had a fit and shut down and did not want to race the next of the day. He has a good battle scar form his crash.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You looked good in the first moto and then the piss poor gate got ya. You just need to get a few gate practices and then you will do fine. Cookie is a good rider and uses his race style to hold you off so you have to learn to get ahead of him before the first turn. Josh will be fine and just needs to get more time on the bike.

2:39 PM  
Blogger bmxmtbfam said...

He is a good rider not many know how to lock the rear drop off the turn and cut everyone off without crashing. It is piss poor and too bad that the track has never said anything to him. He was leading us by 5 feet there was no reason for him to slow he could have dropped down and effected no one. You live you learn and you pull out the gauze and ointment

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home