Wednesday, January 10, 2007

No thanks Pacific bikes

So I have this 12 years old Mongoose hardtail still laying around the house. Every part has been swapped out except the frame. Well one on the seat collar lugs breaks off and the seat slides down. Big deal it is 12 years old. Well I think back and I remember I had found the sale invoice a couple months ago. So I take the invoice and the serial nuimber to the bike shop. They give mongoose/pacific a call and as long as I have the recepiet they will replace it for a small fee. They will send a fax with the details. Well the shity details are they will sell me a new complete bike at cost. Why the F&^% do I want a complete bike. Well their dumb ass thoery is none of the original parts will swap over. So does anyone think this guy at Pacific has a clue, none of the parts. The truth is only the fork steerer would be different. To get the right fork I would need to buy the complete bike. Then the real kick in the balls was I would have to also shell out for shipping. Neverless jusy offering a frame. SO to close Pacific you can kiss my ass. I will make sure I tell everyone I can about your shitty warranty

1 Comments:

Blogger Ronsta, said...

Bikes probably come in complete from China at 24 bucks apiece. So it would cost more for them to have someone strip it down when they feel they're doing you a faver by offering at whatever they say there cost is.

On something that old its not horrible deal.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home