Sunday, March 04, 2007

All good, and iced

So I skipped practice Thursday and only did about 6 gates in practice to try and save the pain. It didn't work, by race time my elbow was is the pain locker bad. First moto 1 got crappy gate 8 and spun the rear tire on the gate. I raced my way back and was nipping at taking the lead in the last corner and slid the front tire and hit the brakes. It was still a sprint finish and he got me by a foot. Next heat I sat in gate 4 and got a great start and won by a coupe bike length. I had a very scary moment while in the rhythm section my hand came off the grip and I rode the last corner to the finish holding the brake. In the main I had another good start and took the win and the overall. Great racing for me this weekend. Josh had a full rack of 8 in his first heat. In the second corner he got tangled and bounced the helmet off the ground pretty good. After a couple minutes of whimpering he didn't want to race. Minutes later he put his helmet back on and was ready to go. The second heat he just missed qualifying but it was his fastest lap I seen him turn so far. I am not sure how Jay and Nate did but they looked fast all day. Full weekend racing Friday Saturday and Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home