Monday, May 07, 2007

Iola over.

Well the first race at Iola is done and over with. Now for some good news and a long list of things to work on.

1st thing don't shut it down just because you think you may blow up in the middle of the second lap. It might not happen.

2nd thing to remember. Don't go all out chasing Russell the first lap and a half just because he is right in front of you. With his base miles you won't be able to stay with him.

3rd its a race and should be treated as so the whole race. - Last lap the expert guys were lapping me at the big climb in back and they hollered to pedal harder, so I did and I gained and stayed with them on the climb. Then I heard it. "You shouldn't have saved all your energy for the last climb, use it all up during the race."

That was it, that was my biggest problem Sunday. I let my brain control the pain and I just gave it about 80 percent after lap 2. I really have no pain today so I didn't stress anything to the limit. Overall I could climb it all with no problems . Then I would hit the flats and had zero power to turn the pedals fast. Well 2 weeks till the Classic on Saturday then Lake Geneva on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home