Monday, July 16, 2007

weakend

Well did you ever wonder if tubeless tires have a shorter life span if you run them with less air. I have been running kenda karma for 3 years without ever having a issue at 45 - 50 pounds. That was until this year. This year in comp the singletrack riding is much faster than sport so I have been running about 32 - 35 psi. I am thinking with less pressure the sidewall is moving more and becomes weaker faster. Yesterday I hit a stump and it looks like a pissed raccoon was biting on the tire. I slammed on a CO2 heard the leak spun the tire and watched a Stan's silly string show. The tire was not holding any air. So that made for a nice long walk out of the woods and my first DNF in a long time. It sucked. The walk out was an eye opener. Listening and seeing comp riders swearing at and belittling other sport and citizen racers. If you feel that yelling and swearing at someone to get around a second faster makes you a great racers think again.

The the guy who chewed into my wife to go faster and then ran into her knocking her down. I know who you are so next race make sure you are not in my way as the clyde train is coming through the singletrack you will be picking yourself up off the ground I promise.

She was having a good race until she crashed. Then on the second lap she got ran off the trail buy a asshole who could not wait for 30 feet before the crushed lime road section. Then she stopped and help a gen x rider who was bonked big time. It another scary story she said 30 or 40 riders past and never asked if anything was ok, one guy pass someone and ran into her bike and asked if she was ok but not the poor guy laying on the ground yet. So prop to Matt on our team stopped they got the guy some gu's and water and he finished the race.


Well three weeks till franklin, time for a non bike vacation and new tires.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I asked her If she was OK when I passed by her, She said she was but did not sound happy.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kenny, big shout out to Shelly for helping Danny. I did speak with her after the race, but just now came across your blog. I agree with your post by the way -- unreal how some people forget all humanity.

I passed Shelly as she bravely tried to ride after her crash and gave her some props for hanging tough. Danny must have stopped after that, as when I passed him he was spinning slowly and cramped, but making progress. What a crazy race!

See you at Franklin!

Gen X Justin
#2022

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home