Sunday, August 05, 2007

I am a quiter

Yep that is right I quit a race today after 1 mile and hit the deck to many times. The last time I quit a race without a problem was years ago at phillips. On the way home I told myself that would never happen again. Today I got a good start and was sitting in the top ten of our wave. We came over the top of the hill and all hell broke loose with thick mud and we were sliding all over the place I passed a few more riders and was felling really good. My legs felt ready to climb the hills 4 times and my heart rate really never blow up. So we came down the little hill along 76 st to head west and started cutting through and the tire finds a few rocks hiding in a puddle and I go down and slide a ways down the hill. I grab the bike and jump back only losing 3 spots and grab a tire then 300 feet later the rear tire goes out and I laying in the f**cking mud again. Now I am pissed I jump back on and make it through sanford and son and head into the singletrack feeling better. Then what the hell the back tire is sliding and slam, I am on the ground again hard as shit.
That was it my brain said F*&k it. I was sore and beat mentally. I know I had what it took to stay in and fight my way back into it, I just didn't want to do that today at all. I walked off the course with my head hung low. Not a good start to the 2nd half of the season. It was nice to come home and only spend 5 minutes cleaning off the bike. Props to anyone who slugged it out in those course conditions. Props to Greg and crew for taking all the bitching that is going to follow this muddy event. Sorry to the dozen on fold who lost a derailleur and hanger, they were a plenty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home