Monday, May 05, 2008

test test 1, 2 almost 3

The first real test of the sore leg came at the end of the 2nd lap at Iola. During the first two laps I never thought more about a smooth pedal stroke so much in my life just to try to stay with the group I latched onto. Then it happened, I came into the rooted Pine tunnel and got the tires cross rooted and I ratchet pedaled for some quick power and the leg did not respond very well to that. So starting the last lap I seen Bubba was about 30 seconds in front of me at the top of the start climb. After that I did a lot of hill walking and watching folks ride by. Somehow it really didn’t bother me. Knowing how the leg had been responding the past two weeks on the trainer, I was damn happy to just be doing lap 3. I think I will stick to short rides and lots of “the stick” on the leg to get ready for Grand Geneva.

Other thoughts from Iola
The deer carcass before the Tree stand single-track was not very pleasant smelling
I really missed the Muddy Cups smoothies all winter
I am still burping the garlic from the bread
There is soil in the woods of Iola that can suck your soul right out of you.
A lot of sport riders suck at riding single-track.
And lastly I seen a lot of broken chains, they don’t last forever people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home