Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I made it a week today

So this morning was one solid week in the gym. Got the whole work up with the personal trainer and a good plan so far to start working on a solid 3 month plan.

First its all about working on leg strength to trying to work out the horrible imbalance. I found out last year injury is sill very much with me. I can press 3 times as much with my left leg over the right. She said that is a huge imbalance and effects every aspect of my riding. Then the next thing, this maybe a shocker, core development with high repetition not strength. She said I have plenty of core strength but I am carrying a few extra pounds. I asked if she needed schooling to tell me that. She did tell is was 30 pound over weight and my bmi was 22 and that is a good sign that the weight should come off. All things to work on this winter. I am 100% committed to this plan to be successful for the race season and just getting healthy again. Well one last night tonight of eating and drinking whatever. Friday I start a eating journal, nothing to crazy just what and how much. No more 5 egg omelets with ham bacon and cheese. Hope everyone has a great and safe New Year in 2009

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is the trainer ? I am interested in a program like this.

2:03 PM  
Blogger bmxmtbfam said...

She kicked my ass today for 90 minutes at princeton club, she doesnt let you slack between machines. I like she also walk me through my cool down and stretching

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"5 egg omelets with ham bacon and cheese"...I can't imagine consuming that. I guess I now have a New Years resolution. Now my doctor surely will not be happy!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home