Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Stepped up - blew up and the season is over

That sums up the whole race. First mistake was not eating all morning. I was going to eat but left my ham on toast sandwiches in the microwave at home. So I ate nothing all day except two shot of hammergel at the start. I took of pretty fast I was 8th going into the woods and we had no back ups. I was pretty amazed by the lack of ST tracks of some of the comp riders. The second lap Russell got around and I stuck to is wheel all the way to the sand pit an the fence. I ended in the fence and slowed down the top 2 elite guys. I was still going ok at the log jump on the third lap. I was told Russell was 30 seconds in front. I pickedup the pace and picked off a couple of riders third lap and was setting up a attack up stairway to heaven and, POW I pulled a Bonk out of the air that would have taken Superman down. I fought off the vomit and ran up the Equalizer and thought I was done. I regrouped and started the last lap. I was whipped, I should have just quit. I made it to the creek crossing and Greg went around and I tried to step it up to stay with him. I had nothing I was completely empty. I had rider after rider passing me. Scott passed my just before equalizer and third place was gone. Now I just needed to finish. I must have looked really Sh!tty, the smoking guy asked me about ten times if I was Ok and If I could make it to the finish. For all that I finished not dead last and got LOTW from The Shed Master. Well the first weekend in November brings the start of BMX racing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home