Monday, May 21, 2007

Made it

Well two big races in one weekend early in the season and I survived. Saturday was not too thrilling, went over the bar at rocket speed and launch myself into the bike and the bike launched after. The was the highlight of that 24 miles. It was nice to feel how lake superior can wreck a nice day. We finished the race in downtown cable it was 73 out. The wind changed out of the north and dropped 20 degrees in a matter of minutes. So then we drove back home 6 hours so I could race at Lake Geneva Sunday. Shelly race citizen for here first race of the year and she stuck it out, I was really proud to see her climbing the hills. So it was time for our race and what do you know it started to rain. I was going to take it real easy and just have a fun race if I could. My legs were not feeling up to any efforts after the crash and drive home. Well 1/2 way up the first climb my legs came to life in a big way. I passed a ton of riders and I found Russells wheel and just held on. He bobbled in the rock garden and I got around him until the end of the first lap. I had nothing to hit the juice on the flats and he went right by. After a lap and a half of hike a bike and face planting in the mud the course got sticking again and the last lap I started to actually pass some other riders. It ended well with a 3rd place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home