Tuesday, May 27, 2008

extended weakend

Man its good to be back at work to relax after a long weekend. What I really need is to have two assistance at home just like here at work. That’s not going to happen any time soon so I can quit dreaming now.

Well it was a good weekend with the extra day tagged on. Thanks to everyone that gave there lives to let us live free.

Well Friday I snuck out to the Kettles and crashed hard as hell on the connector in the section of Horse rider’s camp. Got a pinch flat in some rocks and went over the bars in the next corner and flew into some trees. I figured that the right legs was doing great, I might as well smash the left hip on someone. It really sucks trying to change out a tube and swat at the mosquitoes and try to squat without major pain in the hip. Got back home for dinner and checked the bike out for the 6 hour the next day. That is Karma kicking in for getting in a friday afternoon ride.

Woke up at 4 am Saturday and the hip did not like me at all. I got up and took some real pain killers and went back to bed. Woke up again around 9:00 and the hip was still sore. Got up, ate and unloaded the truck. The New Fane race was a no go since the steps were more than enough to make it hurt. Took it easy rest of the day with some house cleaning and killed a few weeds with some spray.

Sunday morning the hip was feeling better so I jumped on the bike and made it about 2 miles before I turned around and headed back. Spend a bunch of time outside with the family. Later in the day I took a couple of hours and opened up the camper and got it ready for Wausau this weekend. Then later I worked up the energy to cut the grass in the front. Then we grilled out some fresh sweet corn and chicken. Took some more painkillers and went to bed early.

Monday I woke up early and made it about 10 miles before I turned for home. Then I took the dog for a walk and started some yard work. Then we had friends over early in the afternoon and spent the rest of the day on the patio with plenty of food and adult beverages, blended and bottled.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

We need to put taining wheels on your bikes.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home