Monday, July 07, 2008

over over

I don't think its possible to pack anymore into one weekend. Camping swimming biking fireworks bluejays at 4 am and all kinds of bugs and different brews. We camped at Lake Wissota for a few nights in prep for the firecracker. We pre rode saturday and the leg was ok for the worst cit youth course ever and a sport lap. Turns out they changed the CY course later that night but Josh was still a tad spooked from the pre ride. Sunday it started to pour 20 minutes before the sport start but it on lasted 10 minutes. It made for a perfect course. Just for a good photo op I cleaned out the carbon and pulled the group into the first corner. I sat up about a 1/2 mile in and nobody wanted to pull until a 50+ guy had enough of me sitting up a slowing down. Bubba got around me towards the end of the 1st lap and I tried to stay with him. Making sure to stay in the comfort zone and not crap the leg and to stay with someone is not easy. I could see bubba here and there all the way into the field section on the last lap. I had nothing to put out in the field and lost a lot of time. Over all I think staying off the bike for the 3 weeks was a great thing for the leg, so I am going to give it a few more weeks off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home