Monday, June 04, 2007

Not all my fault

Well after yesterdays 4 lap big ring only race I am suffering yet today. So I just finished cleaning up the bike and found out it was not all my fault for the poor shifting. I thought the bb swap caused the shift issue but it was more than the chain line being off a little. I managed to find a marking flag wire and get it wrapped around the small ring a few times and up into the middle ring. I guess that explained why the chain dropped right off when I attempted shift down. With all the trouble I was ok into lap three. I was told Russell was less than 5 minutes ahead. Shortly after on the big muddy hill climb the legs had enough of pushing the big ring in the mud and started to fight back. I think I stopped a dozen times the last lap to walk off the cramps. I did like the whole set up of the marathon event hopefully next race we can get a dry race.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Shed Master said...

Glad to hear you had to walk off the craps. I would've just headed into the woods to take care of 'em the tried & true way.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good catch on the spelling error there Kenny! If Russel didnit point it out I was going to

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home